Colourful And Fun Womens 60s Costumes
Looking for a blast from the past? Be sure to check out our psychedelic range of womens 60s costumes here at CostumeBox! Whether you are heading to a 1960s party, festival Read More
Colourful And Fun Womens 60s Costumes
Looking for a blast from the past? Be sure to check out our psychedelic range of womens 60s costumes here at CostumeBox! Whether you are heading to a 1960s party, festival or just want to embrace your inner flower child, you’ll be sure to find something you love within our range! We have everything from hippie clothes for women, 60s mod clothing and plus size 60s costumes so be sure to shop our groovy 60s fashion womens range now.
Groovy Womens Hippie Costumes
If you’re heading to a swinging 60s party, the first womens 60s costume that probably comes to mind is a womens hippie costume. The hippie subculture began as a youth movement in the early 1960s and drew influence from bohemians and Eastern religion and spirituality and grew immensely in popularity throughout the decade. Here at CostumeBox, we have all the womens hippie costumes you need to transform into a free spirited flower child, and these are some of our favourite costume ideas to help you do so;
- Dresses: Within our range of womens 60s costumes we have a great range of beautiful womens hippie dresses in all different patterns and sizes. The signature style of hippy dress during the 60s was usually a printed mini dress with bell bottom sleeves and of course, paired with some white or colourful gogo boots which you’ll also be able to find on our site. Alternatively, if you are after something slightly longer, we also have some gorgeous flowing maxi hippie dresses that’ll be sure to bring out your inner flower child (they also make a great Coachella festival outfit!).
- Flared pants: Another perfect option for hippie clothes for women is a pair of flared pants.You’ll be able to find plenty of colourful and boldly printed flared pants in our range of womens hippie costumes, pair them with a loose flowing top and flower headband and you’re ready to dance along at Woodstock!
60s Mod Clothing Inspired By 1960s Fashion Icons
Another fashion trend made popular by 1960s fashion icons such as Jacquelyn Kennedy and Twiggy was 60s mod clothing. Mod fashion was innovative, bold and was often characterised by bright colours displayed in geometric patterns. Within our range of womens 60s costumes, you’ll be able to find several costumes inspired by 60s mod clothing that would make for the perfect decade outfit. Here are some of our top picks for a ladies 60s costume inspired by the mod trend;
- Mini Dress: A perfect example of 60s mod clothing is the sleeveless mini dress. We have several sleeveless 60s style dresses featuring bold colours and geometric prints in our range of womens 60s costumes, simply pair with some gogo boots and a beret style hat and you’ll look like you’ve stepped right off Carnaby Street in London.
- Jackie Kennedy: Another iconic and instantly recognisable womens 60s costume idea is to dress as first lady Jackie Kennedy. Kennedy was perhaps one of the most notable 1960s fashion icons, often wearing mod styles of clothing by designers such as Channel, Valentino and Givenchy. Within our range we have several 60s style dresses resembling some of Jackie Kennedy’s most famous mod inspired outfits so you too can feel like a first lady.
Womens 60s Costume Accessories To Complete Your Outfit
Now that you’ve found some inspiration for your next womens 60s costume, you’ll need some equally as bold accessories to complete your groovy outfit! When you shop our range of 60s fashion women’s accessories, you’ll be able to find everything you need to bring your outfit together, from Lennon glasses, statement jewellery, gogo boots and more. Here are some of our top tips on how to style your 60s accessories;
- Statement jewellery: To complete your ladies 60s costume, some statement jewellery is a must! For womens hippie costumes, think a large peace sign necklace with matching earrings and maybe even a flower headband to finish it off. For 60s mod clothing, a pair of block coloured earrings and a large chunky bangle will have everyone thinking you’ve stepped back in time!
- Lennon glasses: Lennon glasses were a must-have accessory in the 60s, of course owing much of their popularity to John Lennon who was frequently seen wearing a pair. You too can grab a pair of Lennon glasses from our range of 60s accessories that would perfectly compliment any ladies 60s costumes.
Good Vibes And Good Delivery Options
Once you’ve explored our colourful range of womens 60s costumes we know you’ll be keen to get groovy, so we have a free delivery* option on Australian orders, as well as free and easy returns! And for our customers outside Australia, we also have some psychedelic international delivery options to ensure no one misses out on spreading the love. We also offer Afterpay and Zippay payment options on all Australian orders. Here at CostumeBox, customer satisfaction is our number one priority so don’t hesitate to contact our friendly customer service team if you have any questions.