70s Accessories Guaranteed To Compliment Any Costume
Looking for the perfect 70s fancy dress accessories to complete your 1970s costume? Look no further than our expansive range of 70s accessories! You’ll be able to find everything from Read More
70s Accessories Guaranteed To Compliment Any Costume
Looking for the perfect 70s fancy dress accessories to complete your 1970s costume? Look no further than our expansive range of 70s accessories! You’ll be able to find everything from 70s jewellery accessories, platform boots and even your favourite 1970s hairstyles all in one place. So whether you are going to a 1970’s themed party, disco party or want to dress as your favourite 70s celebrity, you know you’ll be able to find what you need in our range of 70s accessories. Shop now!
Wigs To Honour Iconic 1970s Hairstyles
No 1970s costume would be complete without a bold hairstyle, with some of the most popular 1970s hairstyles of the decade being the shag, the feathered look and the disco curl. If you want to honour some of the great hairstyles of the 70s, you’ll be able to find plenty of styles and colours in our range of 70s accessories. These are some of our favourite 1970 hairstyles;
- The Feathered Look: Without a doubt one of the most popular hairstyles of the decade, ‘the feathered look’ involved mid to long length hair that was brushed back and outwards at the sides of the face. This iconic 70s fashion trend was made famous by Farrah Fawcett who sported this hairstyle while filming ‘Charlie’s Angels’. This style was worn by both men and women, and you too can find yourself one in our range of 70s accessories that would perfectly compliment any 1970’s themed costumes.
- The Afro: Another extremely popular 1970s hairstyle was the Afro, which like many other hairstyles of the decade, became longer and longer as the decade progressed. Some major celebrities of the decade were known for sporting the hairstyle such as Pam Grier, Jimi Hendrix and the members of ‘The Jackson 5’. Be sure to check out our full range of afro wigs to make the ultimate 1970s fashion statement.
70s Costume Accessories To Complete Your Outfit
To complete your 1970s costume, you’ll need to pair it with some funky 70s jewellery accessories, and we have plenty of earrings, glasses and 70s disco hair accessories that’ll give your outfit that finishing touch! Whether you are looking for some statement earrings, tinted glasses or a peace sign necklace, you know you’ll be able to find it all here at CostumeBox. Here are some of our favourite 70s accessories men and women can rock;
- 70s Glasses: Glasses were a popular 70s fashion trend, and usually came with big and sometimes tinted lenses. We have several styles of glasses that would be the perfect addition to your 70s fancy dress accessories, with the aviator style among the most popular style frame of the decade.
- 70s Earrings: Among one of the most popular 70s jewellery accessories were statement earrings. Earrings were usually big with bold colours and prints and you’ll be able to find everything from disco balls to glitter Mod earrings in our range of 70s accessories.
- 70s Hair Accessories: Another popular 1970s fashion trend was 70s hair accessories. If you are after some 70s disco hair accessories to complete your disco costume, why not opt for a sequined hat or a colourful head scarf or headband!
70s Accessories Fashion Shoes
Now that you have found your perfect wig and 70s jewellery accessories, there is one more element you need to complete your 70s costume; some platform shoes! Platform shoes were a popular 70s fashion trend for both men and women during the decade, and here is our advice on what shoes would be best to pair with your 70s costume:
- For women, the platform high heel was seen as the height of 1970s fashion and almost every woman owned a pair. Additionally, the popularity of gogo boots from the 1960s carried on into the 70s, with classic white being the popular colour of choice. You’ll be able to find these styles and many more in our range of 70s costume accessories.
- For men, the 70s was all about the high heel shoe. Perhaps one of the most memorable 70s fashion trends of the decade, the high heel shoe for men gained mainstream popularity when John Travolta sported them in the iconic movie ‘Saturday Night Fever’. This was seen as one of the most trendy 70s accessories men could wear and were worn by many male celebrities including David Bowie and Peter Frampton.
Check Out Our Convenient Delivery Options
We know you’ll be keen to bust some moves from ‘Saturday Night Fever’ once you explore our range of 70s costume accessories, so you’ll be pleased to know that we have a free delivery* option on Australian orders, as well as free and easy returns! Additionally, we also offer Afterpay and Zippay payment options on all Australian orders. For our customers outside Australia, we also have a great range of international delivery options to ensure no one misses out. If you have any questions, remember that our friendly customer service team is always happy to help and we hope that our range of 70s accessories has helped inspire you to incorporate some of these iconic 70s fashion trends into your next decade costume.